Friday, September 5, 2014

Paw-sitively Fabulous: Liebster Award



I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Victoria Secret Window AND Southern Fried Mouth, two fellow pawsome bloggers, earlier this Summer. It's a super fun way for smaller bloggers to recognize one another, spread some love to fellow bloggers, and pay it forward. Basically it has me all warm and fuzzy inside.

As a condition of accepting this paw-some honor, there are a few rules I have to follow:

  • link back to the person who nominated me
  • answer all the questions that blogger gives me
  • choose 5-11 bloggers with fewer than 200 followers and come up with new questions for them
  • let the nominees know they have been nominated



So, without further adieu, here are the questions presented to us for our Liebster! In the spirit of Little Holly's Big World, I decided to ask half of them them to Holly. I'll be typing her answers for her, since she lacks thumbs. Enjoy!

Questions from Victoria Secret Window as answered by Holly:

1. How is your week going so far?
Chased some squirrels, ate some treats, took some naps...I'd say pretty great!

2. How has your summer been?
Paw-sitively fabulous! I won't think it's complete until I catch a squirrel, though. 

3. What is your favorite color and why?
Purple, because Mommy and I match in it so perfectly!

4. What is your favorite quote or saying?
"Though she be but little, she is fierce." We tweaked this classic Shakespeare line a bit for my blog to say "Though she be but little, she is FABULOUS!"

5. Can you tell me a good JOKE?
What dog will laugh at any joke? A Chi-ha-ha!!

6. Who is your favorite actor or actress and why?
Definitely Gidget the Chihuahua from the Yo Quiero Taco Bell commercials. Not only has she been famous for more than 15 minutes, but she rocked some pretty fabulous ears (just like I do!)!

(PS--Check out our interview with Gidget's trainer, Sue Chipperton, here). 

7. What is your favorite most comfortable pair of shoes?
I hate when my mommy makes me wear shoes in the winter but I love my Christian Lewbarkin chew toy! Does that count?

8. What is your favorite food you love to eat?
Anything my mommy is eating. If she has it on her plate, you better bet I'm eyeing it. I also enjoy the meals she home cooks for me, and occasionally a throw pillow or something gross off the street, though I try not to overindulge. 

9. What’s your favorite song and why?
My mommy sings me "Hey, Ho" the Lumineers but changes the words so they have my name! Also, I like "Moon River," because it was sung by my namesake, Holly Golightly, in the movie Barkfest at Sniffany's. 

10. What kind of hobbies or DYI projects do you like to do?
I don't do things for myself, I am a princess. I do enjoy handmade and custom items, however, particularly my customized Ralph Lauren puppy polos and my custom collar from J&B Custom Leather (shameless plug: use code LITTLEHOLLYBIGWORLD for 10% off your J&B Custom Leather order)! 

11. What is your latest post on your blog?
Well would you look at that, it's our interview with our pawsome friend, and the B in J&B Custom Leather herself, Bridget (or at least it was at the time of my answering these questions)!! Check it out--she is definitely a top dog CEO in the making!

Questions from Southern Fried Mouth answered by Holly's Mom:

1. What's your favorite Disney movie quote?
"True love is putting someone else before yourself." ~Olaf

2. What social media platform do you like the best?
Instagram!! Come follow us!

3. Where do you hope to be in 5 years? (& not just with your blog!)
I try not to give myself a deadline in life because we make plans and God laughs. In 5 years I hope to be happy, hanging out with Holly, and spending my days doing what I love!

4. What's your favorite meal of the day?
Breakfast. Cereal is the greatest food of all time.

5. If you could only listen to one song a day, what would today's be?
I am literally obsessed with Becky G's "Shower." I have pretty much only been listening to that song every day! It's the new "Call Me Maybe!"

6. If you could go on one all expense paid trip, where would it be and why?
Monaco, because I hear they have the best Hermes store in the world, and with all expenses paid, you know I'm going crazy there!

7. What are your other hobbies?
There are other hobbies that don't include dogs? I'd rather not.

Just kidding (partially). I like to cook, read, watch Netflix (that's a hobby, right?), visit museums, and explore dog-friendly parts of New York!

8. Have you tried even half the pins on your Pinterest?
That's a funny joke.

9. What's the first thing you do every morning?
Kiss my dog on the lips.

8. What's the last thing you do every night?
See above. :)

Now it's my turn to get some nominations going!

We nominate:
Michelle's Pa(i)ge
Absolutely Alpert
Dearie Lovie
The Uppity Puppity
Valley Girl Gone Country

Here are our questions:

1. What inspired the name of your blog?

2. If you won a million dollars in the lottery tomorrow, what would you do with the money?

3. What's your favorite cause to give back to?

4. If you could invite any 5 people, living or dead, to a dinner party, who would be at your table?

5. Which city in the world do would you most want to live in for a year?

Thanks so much for the nomination, ladies!! I can't wait to see everyone's answers!

Until Next Time, Darlings!

1 comment: